There are a large number of good books about Northumberland. Here you will find a brief description of the books
sitting on our library shelf.
1.Wool is my Bread. The history of the growth of the
Kendal's Woolern trade up to 1575 AD.
2. The Lead Dales. A fascinating insight into the men who mined Lead across the
North Pennines and Allendale in particular.
3. Ed Bakers book on Walks in the Cheviot hills. Some 47 walks. Great
coverage but fewer pictures than I expected.
4.David Haffeys book with 10 Cheviot walks. Good illustrations,
pictures and great ringed spine for easy lay flat views.
5. Bastle houses by Julia Grint.Allendale, Tarset and Redesdale Bastle houses.
Lots of good pictures but mainly B&W.
6. Where the hills meet the sky.Peter Clark's guide to plane
crashes in the Cheviot hills during WW2.
7. Northumberland - special coronation edition from
1952. A gazette of some 137 villages across Northumberland.