Hadrian's Wall - video - Neil Oliver
You tube has many videos of Hadrian's Wall of Northumberland and Hadrian's Wall. One of our favourites is this
one featuring Neil Oliver.
- The Wall is a statement of intent. A demonstration of their control over nature.
- Over 1 1/2 million tons of quarried stone required over 70,000 people.
- 15 feet in height.
- Hadrian was more a politician than a soldier.
- Every 5 miles a separate fort. Chesters is the example used.It was a cavalry fort garrisoned by
- Every fort was built on a template, all the same whereever you are.
- Talks about the bathing habits of Romans. How they cleaned themselves.
- Trading with the local population.
- Death of Hadrian with heart and liver failure.
- Decline of wall and in 407 AD the Romans left.
Other pages of interest