Northumberland Tales header 800 px

 

 

 

Digital copy of a black and white photograph of the exterior of the Bavarian style church  at Featherstone Park POW Camp 18, Haltwhistle, Northumberland nd. [c1947]
See HALT-013-L55 The church was commissioned by Colonel McBain, designed by Siegfried Bohner, and architect, built by craftsmen from  the POW camp and dedicated on 21 April 1947 by the Bishop of Newcastle.